Hours Of Operation And Fund-Raising
Hours Of Operation
The Museum officially opened on August 26th, 1995 in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of the 1945 armistice. The hours of operation are as follows:
|Summer Hours||mid-May - mid-October||Every Sunday, 0900hrs-1630hrs or by appointment|
|Winter Hours||mid-October - mid-May||By appointment only.|
Appointments for individuals, schools and groups are always welcome and may be arranged by contacting the Museum at any of the numbers or addresses listed on the Museum's Home Page.
The Museum is heavily dependant on donations and volunteers. Funding is primarily provided through private donations by organizations and enthusiasts who support the Museum's role in preserving history. Other sources of funds are being sought from both private and public sector sources however in times of fiscal restraint, money for heritage and cultural programs is limited.
Donations of artifacts or money are gratefully accepted as the Museum supports heritage and related efforts throughout Rideau Township and the surrounding area.